Welcome to the art portfolio / blog of Fantasy Artist and owner of Two Cats Witchery shop, Julia Finucane. Explore her original artwork and ritual supplies in the genre of Fantasy, Magick, Metaphysics, Folklore, Mythology, and Enchantment.
The World of Fantasy, Fairytales, Enchantment, and Old World Magick; created and offered to you.
View artwork and articles on tips, folklore, & more..

DIY - Do It Yourself - Handmade Fabric Headboard



My husband and I are planning on making a new headboard for our bed this weekend. We got the idea from our visit to Niagara on the lake and our stay at the Prince of Whales hotel. This Sunday is our 1st wedding anniversary and this our present to eachother. Below is a picture from the hotel.
prince of wales hotel headboard

We plan on making a victorian looking fabric headboard with the buttons. I need to find a fabric that matches my bed linens, so I decided to use a medium to dark blue fabric. I would love to find fabric that has a texture to it as well. I found these photo's below from DIY sites and both are unique with there shapes.

blue headboardgreen headboard

We looked up directions on how to make this headboard and hopefully it isn't that hard. I think it will be a fun project to do. I also plan on using antique looking buttons instead of matching fabric, but we will see. I will be sure to put the finished prduct up as soon as it is finished.