Thank You & Welcome to the Blog!

A one women owned & operated shop, located in New York. One-of-a-kind Art, Gifts, & Services. Handmade in the home of Julia Finucane. We specialize in Enchanting Art & Spiritual Gifts. View Julia's Art & Crafts in person at 464 Gallery & Impact Gallery.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My little girlie ferret is in heaven now

Yesterday my husband and I had to put our little white ferret to rest. We miss her so much. She was our 'little girlie' for 7 years and was such a sweet heart. 



She was very sick. She had adrenal disease, but was doing fine with it. She started to get very skinny about 2 weeks ago, but was still eating and drinking and was still playing all around. 

On Monday night I noticed that she couldn't walk. She also seemed very out of it. I knew that she was sick. I thought that she had a cold. I held her the whole night. 
My dog 'Puppy' even knew something was wrong because she kept going up to her. Puppy was very uneasy. Dogs are so smart that way. 

My husband and I took her to vet the next morning because she started having seizers in my arms. The vet said that she was in a coma and they believed that she was diabetic. She wasn't responsive, so we had to make the choice to put her to rest. We didn't want her to suffer. 

I was very upsetting for us. We both cried so much. She was apart of our little family for 7 years. We are going to bury her at my parents house back in Buffalo with all our family pets that have pasted. 



We are now just trying to keep her sister from being lonely by holding her all the time. We had her out with us on the couch all last night until we went to bed. My husband put a stuffed animal (one that is ferret safe) in the cage with her so she didn't have to sleep alone. He wanted her sleeping in the bed with us, but I had to say no to that one. =(

It is so hard to say goodbye to a pet because they are not just pets, they are family. Now she is in heaven with all our other family pets. She was our 'little girlie' and she will be missed. 

3 comments:

Bethany Dirksen said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always nice to have a special pet that you love to take care of and that takes care of you.

Tara said...

Wow, Julie I'm so sorry to hear about your little girlie. It's NEVER easy to lose a pet, and you know my family and I completely understand how painful that is :( I'm so sorry. But it sounds like she lived a long, full life. Our ferrets are almost four and they have always been together. I know it's gonna be rough for your other little guy, but he'll be alright. I hope you're feeling at peace soon. You did the right thing.

Three Fates said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I know what it's like. One of our little ones had adrenal disease, it's difficult. Sending you hugs.