Thank You & Welcome to the Blog!

A family owned & operated shop, located in New York. One-of-a-kind Art, Gifts, & Services. Handmade in the home of Julia Finucane. We specialize in Enchanting Art & The Old Ways.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Iprintfromhome Prints came in!

They are finally here!

I ordered some test prints from iprintfromhome a few days ago and have been waiting for them in excitement. I ordered some 4x6 inch prints at $.30 each and two 8x10 inch prints at $2.00 each. I used my 'Thank you dollars' so I didn't pay anything. 
*more on 'Thank you dollars' later.



I chose to order these on lustre kodak paper which is a combination of glossy and matte paper. I usually do all my prints at home on matte paper, but I wanted to see how the lustre would turn out. The lustre finish has a slight gloss tint to it, but doesn't look like a photograph in the turns of gloss. I didn't order any in matte, so I cannot compare. 

Finished Product
The 4x6 inch prints came out so lovely. I compared them to the prints I do at home, and besides from the lustre finish, they are very similar. The prints came out clear and very vibrant.

Before I ordered, I touched up the image on my computer and brightened the colors up a lot. I notice that prints no matter where you print them from always come out darker, so brightening the colors up before ordering is a must. 

The 8x10 inch print were kind of disappointing to me. They came out on the same lovely lustre paper and had great colors, but were very blurry and pixelated. This I do not believe was the printers fault, but mine for not having the correct resolution or something. I am not to sure what happened there. 
I did email them late last night,  about how to fix the pixels, and am waiting a response. 

My Recommendation
Over all I am very pleased with the prints and will order more 4x6 inch prints from them. The 8x10 inch, I need to fix the pixels before I order anymore. 

Oh and another plus for me is that iprintfromhome is located in Buffalo, NY (my hometown) so I am supporting my local business. 

Thank Your Dollars
*Now back to the 'Thank you dollars'
So the best part of the whole order was that I used my 'thank you dollars' promotion. 
If you are referred to iprintfromhome by a friend, you get a $10:00 credit to your new account. I used this credit to order all these prints which was great so I could test the prints before ordering a large amount. 

*To get your $10:00 credit in 'Thank you dollars' 
Sign in as a new member and enter "TWEET - referrer's name" in the registration box when you create your account.  
So for example if I refer you it would look like this ( Tweet- juliafinucane ). Hopefully if you are reading about this promotion here, you would be kind enough to put my name as shown above =)
Once that is done, they will then deposit $10:00 into your account.

4 comments:

Bethany Dirksen said...

Oh my goodness that is amazing information! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I would love to get into prints someday and don't have the equipment to do my own. I would also like to do some sort of note/greeting card and a calendar. Too many ideas really. Always good to hear about a good company!

www.dirksendabbles.blogspot.com

Julia Finucane said...

They are really a good place to go to. I have been asking them questions along the way and they answer them all for me. I believe they do cards as well, but i am not sure.

Julia Finucane said...

I just wanted to update a little about this wonderful company. I returned the 2 blurry print and they gave me store credit, which i asked for. They really have great costumer service and are so friendly. I have called them and emailed them and both were so pleasant. I highly recommend them.

Julia Finucane said...

Another update.. I have been using this company for awhile now, I think about 2 years, and I still LOVE them. They added many new items to their product line and constantly update their site to be more user friendly. If you need prints, support this wonderful family owned business.